We offer private consultations and treatment across all of our practises. Treatment in this way can have several advantages over using the NHS:
- Treatment is immediate as you bypass the NHS waiting lists
- A whole range of aesthetic braces can be used, including ceramic (tooth coloured) brackets, aligners such as Invisalign and lingual braces
- Appointments are available at times to suit you, including after school and in the evenings
- Orthodontic care is offered to children not eligible for treatment on the NHS, for example if crooked teeth are considered to be a mild case
The initial consultation for private treatment is £100, which includes the models of your teeth, x-rays and photos to enable a diagnosis to be reached. A full treatment plan will then be discussed and your treatment options described.
Private treatment generally costs between £2000 to £4500 depending on the braces used and how complex the problem. You can find out more in our Costs and Finance section.
Our practices can offer you an easy payment plan where the cost can be spread over the treatment period. All major credit cards are also accepted.
Treatment can be self-funded and is available for children who are not entitled to NHS treatment or those who are keen to avoid the waiting lists for their braces. This has been developed to ensure an economical treatment alternative to the NHS and features:
- Metal braces as used for NHS treatment
- Appointments available between 9.30am and 3.30pm
- All treatment is supervised by a registered orthodontic specialist but most of the treatment is carried out by registered orthodontic therapists
The costs for self-funded treatment start at £1,500 depending on the complexity of the case. You can find out more in our Costs and Finance section.